An App Worth Applying: Healthy Minds

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the chance to sleep in a little and have a slower-paced morning. I am also grateful for the mix of colors the morning sky is offering currently. 

Add the Healthy Minds app to my gratitude list too. It is one of the two I use for my daily mindfulness and meditation practices. The other one is Insight Timer. Both are free for general use, and for an affordable charge, additional features are made available. I appreciate the features that each offers. 

Healthy Minds, created by Dr. Cortland Dahl, was developed at The Center for Healthy Minds at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Richard Davidson, a leading expert, professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, and founder of the Center, provides some scientific and research backing for the practices that are so nicely presented by "Cort" and others. 

The app moves through five phases of practice. I have completed "Foundations" and "Awareness" and am currently on "Connection."  The app tracks my progress and gives me nice options like switching between teachers, length of practice, and whether I want to be "active" or "sitting." These pictures give you a glimpse of the app. 


I really appreciate the combination of being taught the neuroscience as I am practicing the techniques. It has deepened my practice and understanding. Thanks Drs. Dahl and Davidson and all who make this app possible. Check out the app here. 

Have a good day and a nice weekend!  

Comments