Glorious

glorious: marked by great beauty or splendor; delightful, wonderful, magnificent 

having a striking beauty or splendor that evokes feelings of delighted admiration

Thank you Merriam-Webster and Oxford dictionaries for these definitions. Glorious is a word I probably use more than others. It is just one of those words that carries the right tone and emphasis, particularly when referring to the wonders of the natural world. 

It was the word on my mind and heart yesterday as I took notice of the stark contrast of an evergreen tree overlapping the barren branches of the neighboring non-evergreen. Did I mention the striking blue backdrop of sky that helped create the crisp image in front of me?

This glorious scene touched my human heart, resonating with the parts of myself that have always been with me--a writer's heart, a runner's body, a seeker's journey inward, a grateful soul. And it resonated with those barren parts too. The ones laid to rest peacefully after having their own seasons in my story. Deep pain and true forgiveness. Real disappointment and failure, followed by acceptance and healing.

Then there was the glorious sparkle of tiny flakes of snow and ice bouncing off piles of snow that Nature and Great Spirit had woven and drifted into unique rolling waves of snow. The specks and sparkles danced in the sunlight. The drifted snow was a picture of beauty and grace. Simple, profound, glorious. 

I captured a couple of pictures of these scenes I just described. My camera roll is loaded with photos of our ever-changing natural world. I sometimes scroll through a different season's scenes when I grow a little weary of the cold, or the heat. 

I considered adding these photos to this post, but intentionally did not. If my words have done their job, you have some images in your mind and motivation to step out and capture your own glorious views with your amazing eyes and other senses. Tap into wonder and awe with your heart and soul. 

Evoking feelings of delighted admiration. Who doesn't want more of that? Go find glorious, indoors and out. 

Comments