A Fortuitous Find and Humanity Smiles

Today I am grateful for life's little mysteries. And the big ones too. I am also grateful for my sister Ann as she celebrates her birthday today. Happy Birthday! 

One of the little mysteries?  A couple days ago, the older pair of glasses I wear when I run and workout had lost one of the tiny screws holding it together. I was still wearing them, but needed a better fix. As I put them away in their case after my run yesterday morning, what did I discover amidst the cleaning cloth I keep in there?  

The tiny screw.  Somehow it was there, hadn't fallen out the few times I had used the case, and it caught my eye. I put it back in place, problem solved--for now. The mystery of how that little screw fortuitously came off at the time and in the place it did is the kind of mystery that makes me smile.

And speaking of smiles, how about these two?

Thank you to the neighborhood family who created these smiles. What a fun idea and one I have not seen before. I don't personally know this family, but it was a nice dose of humanity for me. (See yesterday's post.) Smiles are universal. They are common ground. They feel good to the giver and the receiver. 

Spread some humanity today. Smile. Greet. Notice. Listen. Care. Give. Receive. 

Comments