Established 1998

Today I am grateful for safe travels, pleasant family time, and nice weather for a couple of good runs and walks. 

My husband Darcy and I stopped at Scooter’s Coffee Saturday morning while in Sioux Falls visiting his family. This location is near my mother-in-law’s. We’ve driven by it for years, saying we should try it sometime. We finally did. The coffee and breakfast sandwiches we had were enjoyable and prompted a second stop on our way out of town yesterday. 

I appreciated the cups our coffee came in. Festive and “hearty.” Every season is “ A Season to Share.” I especially noted that Scooter’s was established in 1998 . . . the same year Darcy and I established our marriage. A little research tells me that Scooter’s started in Bellevue, NE, and now has nearly 400 locations, including nine in Sioux Falls. The name stems from their fast drive-thru reputation--helping customers “scoot in and scoot out” with their coffee. 


So there's at least two really good things that started in 1998 that are still going strong. 

This was the sunset Saturday evening as I returned from a solo walk. The picture was taken at 5:44 p.m. The sun set at 5:34 in Sioux Falls that day, 18 minutes later than it did at our house, 200 miles to the north and east. 


Isn't our world and universe amazing?  From a small cup of coffee, to a year on a calendar, to a massive star bringing us such beauty and a moment to reflect. I treasure them all-the coffee, the husband, the walk, the sunset. With deep gratitude. 


Comments