Seasonal Rhythms

Today I am grateful for informative and interesting reading and listening material that challenges me to further my understanding and actions. 

I am also grateful for all of my siblings across the miles and a special wish today to my sister Zita on her birthday. Happy Birthday and have a special day!

Many quotes have been coming my way lately that start the thought process brewing. They sometimes affirm and validate a long-held value in my life. They sometimes capture what was floating around in fragments and help me make more connections.

This one does some of both:

Finding our seasonal rhythms fosters a space for gratefulness to be an integral part of our life.
(Mike Martin) 

I think first of the seasons of Nature. It is one of the things I love about where I live. The changes from one season to the next are some of my favorite times, and because none stick around too long, I usually get just tired enough of one before the next starts emerging.

The light is growing now in each day and the energy that wanes in the darkest months is picking up a little steam now. It is subtle, but noticeable. I am in awe of the natural world and the inherent processes that take place. In pausing to notice these processes, a space for gratefulness is created,

I think also of the seasons of my life. At 55, I would put myself in early fall. My fifties have offered their fair share of challenges--physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. There has been pain and hard work. More pain, more hard work. And there has also been beautiful transformation and new levels of acceptance. 

It has been more difficult for me to find the seasonal rhythms of this time in my life, but I am getting there. The gratefulness is abundant. Acceptance is available. Compassion has been tapped at new levels. 


Comments