A Keener Eye

Living gratefully today, taking time to do quiet meditation, I am restoring focus in what has been a busy week. I appreciate headphones and warm blankets. And this quote:

“Gratefulness allows us . . . to nurture a keener eye that no longer rushes 
past the small everyday moments that make up a larger part of our lives.” 
Guri Mehta 

Rushing past?  Who, me?  I think I have made progress in slowing down, but it is an ongoing area of improvement for me. Practice makes progress possible. Just reading these words above is helpful. Keener eye. Small everyday moments. Our lives. 

Seeing the light from a lamp. Taking in the simplicity of tying my shoes with fingers that are nimble enough to do so. Acknowledging that truly living my life is more about being present in this moment, not reliving the past or fearfully pondering the future.

Another ongoing area of improvement for me is to give myself more realistic expectations, to not push myself so relentlessly. I can do that in a small way right now by ending this post here. It is short, but meaningful.  It is enough. 

Have a good day!  



Comments