Ice,Ice Baby

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the love I have in my life. From others, from the Universe, and from myself.  

Special birthday wishes to my brother Artie today!  Happy Birthday and enjoy your day :-) 

Today is Valentine's Day. I like to consider this day to be about love in a broader sense than romantic love, but I sure do love my guy Darcy. And we spent some time yesterday in and out of the frigid air enjoying our local community . . . coffee and a sandwich at the coffee shop, wall art by a local artist purchased at a downtown shop, and a brewery stop which included beer for Darcy and kombucha for me.

There was frustration with glasses, hats, masks, and the fogging and unfogging. But we were thankful for the fresh air and felt comfortable in our brief indoor stops in places with socially distant tables and mask expectations. A year ago, we were hearing about COVID in the U.S., but we had no idea what was coming. It's stunning to stop and consider for a moment what the last year has been like. Love has helped us endure, kept us resilient. 

In between our stops, we appreciated ice sculptures created by a local artist. The Valentine-themed works included these two:  



The bitter cold makes for beautiful ice art. This evening, we head back downtown to enjoy a special Valentine's Day meal in an outdoor igloo. 

Giving thanks today for our community, winter attire, and all the love that warms and surrounds me. 

Happy Valentine's Day to all!  Know you are loved. And love wins. 


Comments