Loud and Clear

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the old music I love to listen to and the ears that can hear it. Recent listens include Holly Holy by Neil Diamond and The Weight by The Band. (The Band always makes me smile--that's confidence and/or simplicity. What should we call ourselves? How about The Band?) 

Yesterday I got some awesome and comforting messages loud and clear. Comfort in these uneasy times, and faith to help me through my days. Early in the morning, it was 15 below zero on the thermometer. Daylight was growing as the sun came up. Out of the blue, loud and clear, I heard a bird singing. It surprised me, on such a frigid morning in mid-February.

My untrained ear believes it was a cardinal. I love cardinals and the lore that accompanies them. A loved one letting me know I have guardian angels. A sign of hope and good luck. I'll take either or both. COVID-19 continues it's destruction and the lack of available vaccines has so many of us waiting. 

As an educator in Minnesota, I am eligible for the vaccine. More and more educators are getting vaccinated and that is a good thing. I am on the wait list. Stay the course Lisa, which is what I will need to do after the vaccine too. Masks and social distancing remain the recommendations until we reach herd immunity, which is at least several months away. 

The cardinal, loud and clear, offered clarity of sound. And clarity of heart and thought. 

In the next hour or so I saw a tiny ant making its way across floor tile, and shortly after that a silverfish-type insect made the same journey. The day seemed to be teeming with life, despite the arctic weather. 

By later in the afternoon, I deemed it warm enough to snowshoe. I took a beautiful and comfortable loop at our local spot.  Over halfway around the loop. I spotted a snow smiley face someone had created next to the trail. 

Angels and smiles show themselves in lots of ways. Pay attention. Take notice. Appreciate the messages and the messengers. 


Comments