Sweet Territory

Today I am grateful for safe travels, time with our grandson Aaron and his parents Arthur and Alyssa, and a little school tour with Darcy and Sam as Sam winds down his high school days.

I am also grateful for my "baby" brother Lee and all of my siblings. Lee hits the milestone of 50 years old today. Happy Birthday and have a special day!

Day 5 of the "Little Things"practice through www.gratefulness.org was REST. Consider these words:

"What if we woke up in the morning and were so grateful for the 
sweet territory of silence and sleep?" 
(Lynne Twist)

I am often already ahead of myself before I get out of bed. Pause. Give thanks for the rest and sleep I just enjoyed. It's a thought, a feeling, to savor. And the words "sweet territory" really struck me. The stillness within becomes sweeter territory when I accept myself as I am, and life as it is in this moment. 

Sweet territory as I ran past fragrant lilacs and other blooms on my run this morning. And here is some sweet territory for Sam.  The football field where he blossomed as a player and a young man. 


Sam, Darcy, and I have shared the sweet territory of Monday night trips to Todd Field through April and May. This was the picture I captured last evening. Last days of high school ahead for Sam this week. We are acknowledging, celebrating, honoring him and this time. Sometimes we do that together. Sometimes we let him experience that on his own or with a few buddies. 

Pandemic or not, the last days of high school are sweet territory all their own. 

Comments