A Sacred Bond

Today I am grateful for bacon and eggs for breakfast and supportive messages from recovery friends to start the day.

I am also grateful for these words from Robin Wall Kimmerer:

WORD FOR THE DAY (for 5/15/20 at www.gratefulness.org)
Knowing that you love the earth changes you, activates you to defend and protect and 
celebrate. But when you feel that the earth loves you in return, that feeling transforms the relationship from a one-way street into a sacred bond.

They offer a nice continuation of my post from yesterday, about pausing in the stillness of the outdoors. To be. To experience nature's offerings.

I walked around, listened, took in, appreciated:


This bird house that Sam made for a 4-H project a few years ago is perched on our mailbox post. It has been nothing but decorative in previous years. A couple weeks ago we noticed a pair of birds building a nest in it. We are enjoying watching the process. I can't name the bird, but I will work to figure that out. You might notice the bungee cord on top. We have it strapped down tight so it will hold in a thunderstorm or wind. 


I can't name these flowers either. Let me know if you can. But I never tire of the new buds and blossoms that adorn our neighborhood in these early weeks of May. The sacred bond that joins me to birds and blossoms is life. Sweet, precious, amazing life. And growth. Tender, tenacious, and willing. 


Comments