Day 2: Connect With This Moment

Today I am grateful for the sights and sounds that calm me and keep me present. Right now that includes gentle clouds and flowing water.

The "Little Things" practice, Day 2, was Connect With This Moment. Here are some of my observations as I did that:

*the play of clouds and sun, clouds covering the sun, the sun emerging again
*waking up next to my husband and being assured by his breathing
*three white-tailed deer scampering away across a field after I startled them
      coming around a corner on my run
*pausing to feel my feet on the floor and wiggle my toes..."here I am, grounded"
*feeling the warm comfort of my hand on my heart during meditation
*relishing in a spoonful of ice cream at a perfect softness/melted level

The little things. Pause to notice some today. Consider writing them down. Drawing them. Talking about them to someone else. Or just fully experience the moment. That's all.

I will be taking a blog break over the weekend. See you back here next week!

And a fitting "Word for the Day" to close:

For me, celebrating the wildflowers or the birds is like a kind of worship.
(Michael Longley) 

Comments