Thanksgiving Litany

Living gratefully today, I am humbled by the abundance of meaningful connections and inspired goals that I am blessed to have.

I attended Thanksgiving eve services at our church last evening, with my husband Darcy and son Sam.  To be honest, I was tired and went a little begrudgingly. It ended up being just what I needed and more.

During the service we did a Thanksgiving litany. It is from the Episcopal "Book of Common Prayer."
Here are some of the things for which we gave thanks:

    beauty and wonder of creation
        earth, sky and sea
            daily food
               homes and families
            friends
        minds to think
    hearts to love
        hands to serve
            health and strength to work
                leisure to rest and play
            for the brave and courageous
        truth, liberty, and justice

A litany of gratitudes builds on itself. A litany of lacks tears us down.

The words "grateful devotion" showed up in a hymn as well. Devotion to living gratefully. When I am loyal and faithful to the practices I incorporate into my daily living, I am rewarded with energy, grace, a sense of service, and so much more.

Gratitude flows when we open ourselves to it . . . Keep it flowing today and every day.

Comments