A Mindful Moment Here, A Mindful Moment There

Today I am grateful for a return to more mild temperatures. (It's all relative folks!) I am also appreciating the comfortable shoes I can pick to wear each day.

Living gratefully and practicing mindfulness go hand in hand. To pause in gratefulness is to also pause in the present moment. Aware and attending to what is right here, right now.  Hand in hand, but not easy. Not for me anyway. I practice. Practice makes progress possible.

So I have intentionally been practicing some mindful moments this morning, including:

-slowing down to eat part of my breakfast, considering where it came from
-being in tune to the flow of my smooth-writing pen across the paper as I journaled
-fully sensing that milder air as I went outside to walk Oliver
-pausing to feel my warmed-up muscles relaxing again after some exercises

Now, that was pretty simple. I will intentionally take some more mindful moments today and revel in what I experience. I invite you to do the same.

I will be taking a blog break over the weekend and will be back early next week. Have a good day!

Comments