Live Fully, Go Live

Today I am grateful for the peaceful fire Darcy and I enjoyed last evening sitting by our backyard fire pit. I also appreciate the conversation and the quiet we shared.

To live fully is to experience moments in time such as watching a fire flicker, flame, flutter. It is an amazing sight really, and one that I fully enjoy witnessing when the circumstances are safe and controlled, such as last evening.

And then there's going live. I did my second radio interview at our local radio station the other day. The topic was living gratefully, and it was timed for now because of an upcoming event that I host each month. (More on this event some other time.)

Living gratefully and pursuing ways to share this passion and avocation (or is it vocation?) with others has opened many doors for me. I did my first-ever radio interview back in July with Mo, the friendly and engaging interviewer who also did this second one. We have only met twice, for each of the interviews, and exchanged a few emails. She clearly knows how to put people at ease and get her job done at the same time. Thanks Mo!

Pursuing mindful gratitude has brought much to my life the last two decades. It has also brought me some assurance and confidence that living gratefully is a worthy pursuit.

My life is also a journey of realizing my own worthiness, coming to a better sense of self. It has been some of the hardest and some of the best work that I have done. One of many siblings, an active alcoholic before age twenty, I was lacking both a feeling of worthiness and a healthy sense of self from an early age.

I have come a long way though. The transforming and growing continue. As does the necessary, sometimes painful, sometimes joyful, effort. Going live and sharing my experience and knowledge on a topic I am passionate about has brought me further. Thanks again for the invitation and opportunity Mo, and here's a link to the interview if you want to listen in:

KDWA Interview November 2019



Comments