The Tool of Gratitude

Living gratefully, I am feeling a gentle kindness and compassion toward myself that is sometimes lacking and limited. This allows me to better see opportunities to be kind and compassionate to others.

Thank you to my sister Aileen for today's blog topic. She sent an email with "the tool of gratitude" in the subject line. She went on to share this wisdom --"like any tool, it doesn't work unless I pick it up" and then several things on her own gratitude list for the day. I appreciate both the impact of and the simplicity in this tool.

So I picked it up and started this list of gratitudes:

-knowing my way around our house in the dark, so I don't wake others
-the others in my house-husband Darcy, son Sam, dog Oliver
-then being able to easily switch on a lamp and light the way
-giving thought to the rest of our family and looking forward to seeing them soon
-this includes our two grandsons Leo and Aaron
-and my stepchildren Emily and Arthur and Arthur's wife Alyssa
-the opportunities that await to share gratitude and practice living gratefully today
-the endorphins that flow with exercise
-early morning fresh air and stars as I walked Oliver
-recovery connections with others who inspire and energize

This tool is sharper when used. It works efficiently to get my mind back on track when derailed
by selfish thinking, fear, worry, expectations.

Pick up the tool of gratitude today and construct a good day, hour by hour.

Comments