Sincere, Active, and Constructive Hope

Today I am grateful for my siblings and the wisdom and grace they share with me. I am also grateful for my husband Darcy and our marriage.

Living gratefully is not only an energizing endeavor, it is a hopeful one. Maria Popova provides these words on hope:

"There is nothing more difficult yet more gratifying in our society 
than living with sincere, active, constructive 
hope for the human spirit."

Hope is a choice. It is not an empty promise or glossing over of pain and difficulty. It is saying it is possible to move forward, to keep accepting. To acknowledge the difficulties and grief that come, and the joy and awe that can be recaptured.

I think of my sister Mary Jo and her family each day. She has metastatic breast cancer. Today, she has a scan and a follow-up appointment later in the week. I am sending her energy and hope.

I am sending the wider world hope too. My part is a small part of a larger whole, but it makes a difference. It helps me contribute in positive ways, rather than being drained of all hope and in turn draining myself and those with whom I come in contact.

Hope for the human spirit. Let's spread some today. You do your part. I'll do mine. 



Comments

  1. Ahhh, dear Lisa, my gratitude practice, which has been daily for a dozen years, continues to sustain me through difficult times for our country and for me, personally. Thank you so much for doing your part and inspiring me to do mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment