Revealed and Redeemed

Living gratefully, I am noticing the comforting sounds of morning. Coffee brewing. Our dog Oliver eating. The quiet.

I went for a run yesterday afternoon, along roads and sidewalks more clear than they have been in many weeks. Garbage, small debris, rock and sand that have been revealed in the recent melting became more noticeable to me as I watched my step in sloppy areas.

The flow of water down streets and into storm sewers, through ditches and across fields, also caught my attention, as did these thoughts:

We all have debris and garbage that is revealed in the seasons of our lives. Regrets. Remorse. Resentments. Dim and dark experiences and times.

Spring rains clean things up, as do the street sweepers and the volunteers. There is redemption that plays out in the natural environment.

How is redemption revealed in our individual human environments? Forgiveness. Transformation. Grace. Vulnerability.

Vulnerability. On my spiritual path, and in the most significant growth periods in my life, vulnerability has been crucial. It is only in being vulnerable that I seek help and clarity. It is only in my vulnerability that I surrender the obstacles and thoughts that hold me back and truly tap into faith.

Vulnerability revealed and shared opens the doors to redemption.




Comments