In this room . . .

Today I am grateful for the warm and stable house we live in, how we have made it into a home for our family, and for the tangible items of convenience and comfort here.

Here's an easy gratitude practice to try. Step into a room in your home, pause, look around, use your 10 fingers to go through a gratitude list of things you appreciate in and about that room.

Here's mine as I sit in our family room:

-the family pictures that surround me
-pictures of our dog Oliver and his actual presence on the floor near me
-this computer and a good WiFi connection
-the headphones that help me appreciate a good listen
-my gratitude journal which has a place in this space when not in use
-recovery books for reading and referencing
-a comfortable recliner and couch I can enjoy
-the TV that brings me football games and shows like "Mom"
-morning peace and quiet I take time for in this room in particular
-writing and writing inspiration that transpire in the chair I am sitting in right now

What's your room? What are your ten?

Comments

  1. Gosh, I like this easy gratitude exercise. (Easy is one of my favorite words.) Sometimes we make things too complex. I'm gonna try this. Now which room should I choose...see what I mean, already making it harder. ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment