Giving Thanks for a Pleasant Day of Thanks

Today I am grateful for time off from work and the respite in that. I am also grateful for time on our front patio to start this day, chilly but enjoyable.

It seems fitting to follow-up Thanksgiving Day with a gratitude list about it.

Here goes. I am grateful for:

-being able to run in our local "Gobble Gait" and help raise money for a good cause
-the community we live in and the spirit of giving that is evident here
-the ability to run and push myself, arms, legs, lungs, to a faster finishing time than last year
-time with our grandson Leo and his mom Emily and being able to FaceTime with our other grandson
        Aaron and his parents Arthur and Alyssa
-Leo's pleasure in riding his bike around in circles in our garage, and then he and I playing a little
        indoor baseball too
-a delicious meal that all 5 of us helped prepare, but mostly Darcy, and that his turkey and gravy both
        turned out very well
-an evening walk with Darcy after a heavy meal
-hearing genuine appreciation from our son Sam
-sharing gratefulness via A-Z gratitude lists
-as Darcy and I talked about tough Thanksgivings we have had, I thought of ten years ago and being
       done with chemo and awaiting my third surgery for BC, and I also thought of those Thanksgiving
       Days when I had hangovers
-health and recovery

Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday of mine. Yesterday's keeps the list of pleasant ones going.

Have a good day! Keep the gratitude flowing.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. It's probably my favorite holiday for various reasons. Thanks for sharing your follow-up Thanksgiving day gratitude list. Enjoy the holiday season, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment