Another Room, Another Ten

Today I am grateful for family time together last evening, a couple of short naps yesterday, phone conversations with several of my siblings and my mom, and the enjoyable show "Newsies" put on by a very talented group of cast, crew and directors at my school.

Friday's post about ten things to be grateful for in a room in our home resonated with others. It was still on my mind yesterday morning when I set out to exercise indoors after a light snowfall kept me from heading outdoors for fear of icy conditions.

So here's another ten for another room in our house--our laundry/exercise room:

1. The water heater and the comfort of a warm shower.
2. The boiler that helps heat our house on cold days.
3. The washer that cleans smelly workout clothes.
4. The dryer that makes the ironing board (also in this room) mostly unnecessary.
5. Racks and hangers to put clothes on for drying, saving energy, and helping clothes last longer.
6. The free Nordic Track I acquired years ago that becomes a go-to machine for a good sweat in these winter months.
7. The jump rope that is both historic (over 40 years old) and helpful for raising the heart rate and being useful in a fairly small space.
8. The rug where we keep our variety of running shoes and the motivation of all the miles those shoes have put on, including our recent fall marathon.
9. A work/mud sink that is useful in so many ways, including most recently the soaking of Sam's dirty football uniform after each game.
10. This last one isn't a tangible item like the other nine. It is the healthy feelings this space has brought me many times as I have exercised and done moving meditation and prayer. Endorphins, clarity, stress reduced, gratitude increased, positive emotions and intentions for others sent out.

This "unfinished" room in our basement, nothing fancy but very functional, has helped me finish a lot of things--from laundry to a prayer or gratitude list.

Thank you to this space. Thank you for the home we have. Thank you Universe.

Comments