Sip It Up

Today I am grateful for opposable thumbs that make so many things possible and easier to do. I am also grateful for smooth-flowing pens.

As I drove to work yesterday morning, I saw this on the license plate of a car I passed: Sip it up. I'm sure there are days that I would miss this, concentrating on other things. Yesterday, I saw it and was intrigued.

I wondered why this vehicle owner has this particular plate. I don't know. I won't know. But I do have some random thoughts of my own:

-Do these people like brewery tours?  Microbreweries have sprung up in lots of places and are quite popular. Part of me laments that I missed this part of the "fun of drinking." Then I remember that pretty much any fun I had while drinking was overshadowed by the problems it caused.

-Speaking of drinking, sip wasn't usually in my vocabulary. Usually I was gulping.

-But I can sip up the day, rather than gulp it up. Slow down. Relish. Savor. Sip.

A random license plate yesterday helps bring focus to my day today. Living gratefully starts with simply paying attention.

Comments

  1. I like the Sip it Up. Don't miss the various tastes of life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment