Another Take on TGIF

Today I am grateful for connections with other people, some brief, others lasting. I am also grateful for my job experience and the many ways I draw on it each day at work.

Today I am thinking about my friends Gene and Claire, brother and sister, who are two of those impactful connections I have made. Gene passed away peacefully yesterday. Rest in peace Gene. Strength and peace to you Claire, and to the rest of Gene's family and friends.

I am also thinking about TGIF.  Thank God it's Friday. Thank God I'm forgiven. The gratefulness I find. I have written about all those here over the years.

As I ran yesterday afternoon, I thought about new takes on TGIF. Add this to the list above:

"This gratefulness isn't finite."

This gratefulness isn't finite. It is not a source that ever gets tapped out. There is always more, because there is always another moment, another pause, that can lead me to more gratefulness. There is always more to learn as I live gratefully.

And I have come to believe more firmly that there is plenty to appreciate on deeper planes of existence, beyond our earthly vehicles. An open mind and heart can keep connection thriving on new levels.

There are days when I feel tapped out, spent, exhausted, less than grateful. That is okay. Those will come. But such days will also go, because I know now that this gratefulness isn't finite. When I seek it, I find it. When I find it, my energy returns. Onward!

Comments