Working Windshield Wipers

Today I am grateful for a working vehicle and efficient windshield wipers on that vehicle. I am also grateful for some divine intervention.

Over time, windshield wipers lose some of their effectiveness and leave streaks, or areas where the rain, or snow, or washer fluid aren't quite cleaned off. Residue. A dirty windshield can cloud our vision when we are driving. It can even become dangerous.

What about life's residue? Worries, lack of sleep, overdoing, overbooked, to-do piles that seem to propagate rather than diminish. They cloud my vision and weigh me down. They endanger my health and serenity.

Sometimes a car just needs new windshield wipers. They aren't that expensive and they are pretty easy to replace.

Sometimes we just need a new perspective. It needn't take much time or effort. In fact, trying easier can be helpful.

The windshield wipers for my life are things like pausing, saying no, humility, accepting my limitations, being grateful, not judging others or myself, more acceptance, more pausing.

And that divine intervention? It came via me forgetting to bring my work laptop home. No access to work email or documents I may have wanted to work on. I was too tired to be productive anyway, but just knowing that laptop wasn't even in the house was a little freedom.

I will look for other freedoms today as I see my life unfold more clearly through the working windshield wipers of gratitude.

Comments