Understanding What I Am

Today I am grateful for my working senses and limbs, and for a fixed and working light switch. (Thanks to the electrician who made quick and inexpensive work of fixing the problem.)

Here is a thought-provoking quote:

"If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it, then what you are undergoes a 
transformation." (Jiddu Krishnamurti)

If you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know I appreciate words that help me reflect and encapsulate what gratitude practice does for me. This quote does that.

Gratitude practice has helped me see the good in myself and others much more readily. It helps me feel like I am enough, as is. The world around me is enough, as is. In this moment, in this day. 

Less time spent chasing the illusion of perfection and things outside of myself means more time exploring and accepting who I am. Change does indeed occur then. My energy becomes more about feeling worthy, living fully, and trying easier. It becomes less about holding back in unworthiness, stunting my own growth, and trying too hard.

Understanding who I am today starts with: I am a grateful person, comfortable in my own skin, knowing more peace than before, and looking forward to today's opportunities. 


Comments

  1. It's about accepting the rare and beautiful country within isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! And when I accept myself more, I also accept others and the world around me more. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment