On Biking, Breezes, and a Beautiful Day

Today I am grateful for quiet wisdom shared and the calming effect of a flowing river.

My thoughts and wishes for a good and safe day go out to my son Sam and the others on his youth group mission trip. I am thankful for their safe travels yesterday and I appreciate the adult leaders who are with the group this week.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day to be outside. As the morning wore on, the heavy humidity that had been sticking around the last few days departed. A cool, northerly breeze took its place. Talk about refreshing!I am not a fan of humidity, so when this turn of events happens, I fully relish in it. I took a run in the morning, and my husband and I went for a leisurely bike ride in the afternoon. We biked with a pleasant breeze to keep the bugs off, got a great view of the Mississippi River, saw a colorful kite high in the sky, heard the birds singing, greeted fellow humans also out enjoying the beautiful day.

It gave me perspective. It helped keep worries and concerns in their place.

The simplicity of a nice day. It truly is a gift. It is enough.

Comments