Brooks Ariel Size 11

Today I am grateful for our front patio and fountain. I am also grateful for my Brooks Ariel size 11 running shoes.

Here is a picture of my latest pair of these shoes, just before we set out on our first run together yesterday morning. Over the last 10 years, these have been my go-to shoes. If my memory serves me, I discovered these shoes before our first marathon in 2004, with the help of folks at a local running store. It is still where we shop most frequently for running shoes, attire, and other accessories. I was looking for shoes with good stability for larger-framed people. These were recommended and I am so grateful for that. They have carried me through 11 marathons and hundreds and hundreds of miles of training runs.


As runners, our shoes are an important investment for both my husband and I, and very important to our bodies as we continue to be distance runners. Shoes are the key. I have probably had a couple dozen pairs of this Brooks model over the years, sometimes supplementing with a cheaper pair when we aren't in heavy training. The colors change as the different models come out, but the shoe continues to be a perfect fit for me. When I start getting sore after a run, I know my shoes are starting to lose their prime. I don't need to even break in my new pair. I put them on and go. I can tell as soon as I step into a new pair just how worn my old pair must have been.

Yesterday my husband and I enjoyed a good run of about 16 miles, in the early morning quiet, on a cool and not-humid morning. We experienced birds singing, the sun coming through the trees, shade and a cool breeze on our path just when we needed it. It was a good run. It was just what we wanted.

My feet experienced their new pair of Brooks Ariel size 11 too. As proof of their effectiveness, I woke up this morning to little if any soreness. Run on!

Comments