Swirl Head

Today I am grateful for early morning quiet and for an opportunity to talk about my spiritual journey with others.

The morning quiet is when I pray for others and reflect on my own life. It's when I write in my gratitude journal and on this blog. It's a time when I can avoid "swirl head." My sister used that term the other day and it brought a smile to my face because I knew EXACTLY what she was talking about. Overthinking. Overanalyzing. Worrying. Fear. Too much to do. Not enough time to do it. Notes all over because I am afraid I will forget something if I don't write it down. Swirl head.

It's been a busy and full week, but a good week. I got to prepare and then give a presentation about resilience and gratitude. I got to ponder my own spiritual journey and then share some of that as part of a panel talking to teenage girls. I got to experience Sam's first two wrestling meets and the organized chaos they appear to be. I got to learn many new things at work as my new duties continue to unfold.

Swirl head. I maintained my sanity most of the time. And I sit here typing this morning feeling substantial gratitude. These were good things I was facing this week. I was able to so enough self-care to keep myself from "spinning off the face of the earth."

I am thinking of the typhoon victims in the Phillipines and the week they had. I am thinking of a nearby school community that is grieving the tragic loss of two students in the same week. I am thinking of people who suffer chronic pain and have serious health conditions. I am thinking of addicts and alcoholics who continue to spiral downward.

And I am humbled. Perspective gained. Swirl head slowed.

Have a good weekend! I will be taking a blog break and will be back in habitual form on Monday.

Comments