Lesson #3: Nature and Humanity are Spectacular

Today I am grateful for recovery wisdom shared by others and I am grateful I am learning to "accept more, expect less."

Lesson #3 from marathon training leads nicely into the official marathon experience itself. That lesson is: Nature and humanity are spectacular.

Running outdoors is a great way to see nature, a city, the changing seasons. I love to run outside and will do that as much of the year as I can. I love being a participant in the ongoing evolution of season to season.I appreciate having running attire for all seasons, and I appreciate the mobility I spoke of yesterday. I love the crisp fall air. I love the first warm, sweaty spring run. I love everything in between, with the exception of the extremes. I will put up with heat and humidity and bitter cold, only because I have to where I live. I guess they do provide the benefit of bringing even fuller appreciation to the beautiful days with perfect running conditions.

I enjoy running solo and being alone with nature and my thoughts, but I also am thankful for the company of my husband Darcy on many of my runs. We are blessed to share this hobby, this passion. We motivate and push one another when needed. Our running strengthens us individually and also strengthens us as a couple.

Seattle and the Pacific Northwest will offer a different running experience than the Upper Midwest this time of the year.There may be precipitation but it's not very likely to be white. Seattle and the thousands of other runners will also offer a glimpse into the best parts of humanity. Comaraderie. Support. Humor. Drive. Determination. Each runner with their own story, their own goals.

Spectacular views. Spectacular company to share it with.

Comments