Partnership

Today I am grateful for interesting conversation with fellow wedding-goers and for a visit from my stepdaughter Emily.

We attended the wedding of Dena and Paul yesterday. Dena is the daughter of good friends of ours.It was a nice wedding in a nice setting. We enjoyed the church ceremony and felt the happy energy and fellowship next door in the reception hall. It was a pleasant evening and I was glad to be there. Congratulations and best wishes Dena and Paul!

The pastor who performed the service used the word partnership in her sermon. Marriage really is a partnership, a two-way street, a work in progress. That is how I view it anyway. I appreciate the partnership I have with my husband Darcy. I appreciate that we both went into our marriage with enough prior life experience to know that it would take work, compromise, time, and forgiveness to grow in our partnership. We knew it wouldn't always be "a bed of roses." I think that realistic approach is helpful because then you aren't as disappointed when the going gets tough at times. And it will. I don't know anyone whose marriage has always been smooth sailing on calm waters.

Darcy and I have a good marriage and we have had far more good times than tough times in our relationship, but we both bring our quirks and flaws to the partnership and they will flare up from time to time. I am thankful that Darcy is quick to forgive and that I am learning to keep my mouth shut more.

The partnership I have with Darcy is key to my life path and happiness. We continue to learn and grow together. We weather difficulties and move forward. Having gratitude for the many good things in our relationship gives me a positive perception of what I believe to be a healthy and whole partnership. It's not perfect, but it's ours and we cherish it. We work at it. We love each other through it. Thanks Darcy!

Comments