A Writing 3 x 3

Today I am grateful for quality headphones and YouTube music videos. From Carly Simon to Roberta Flack, I enjoyed the listening last evening as I wound down from the day and the week.

Here's an example of a gratitude practice I would encourage you to try. I call it a 3 x 3. I put three things I am grateful for and three reasons why I am grateful for each. Today I am focusing my 3 x 3 on my writing and what it has brought to my life.

1. I am grateful for this blog.
    a. It has helped deepen and broaden my own level of gratitude.
    b. It gives me a regular channel for my writing energy.
    c. It has made me a better writer.

2. I am grateful for the poetry I have written.
    a. It gave me a healthy outlet in the depths of alcoholic despair.
    b. It was the first type of writing I did consistently.
    c. It lends itself to being shared with others.

3. I am grateful for my first diary at age 11 and every journal since.
    a. They have helped me capture memories that would have been lost.
    b. They remind me that life is worth writing about.
    c. They have helped make me a disciplined writer.   

What is your 3 x 3 going to be about today?

Comments