Matrimony and Much Gratitude

Today I am grateful for being back in my own bed after being away several nights. I am also grateful for the rain that is keeping our lawn watered.

My stepson's wedding is in the books, and our new daughter-in-law is officially in the family now. We are exhausted, but in that good way that happens when a big event goes well. There is much gratitude as I reflect on the wedding of Arthur and Alyssa.

Gratitude for:
*the elegance of the church and reception area when all was ready for the ceremony and the meal after
*the beautiful bride and handsome groom in all their excitement and anticipation
*witnessing the obvious love between two young people
*safe travels for the many family members and friends of the bride and groom who traveled to be at the wedding
*heartfelt emotions heard, felt, shared in vows, speeches, and hugs
*tears among grown men
*putting aside some family dynamics and coming together for the couple
*a delicious meal and a stunning cake (stunning to look at, delectable to eat)
*my handsome husband and son in their tuxedos
*Sam, at the tender and tough age of  11, doing a great job being a groomsmen in his big brother's wedding
*Emily, my stepdaughter, being a beautiful maid-of-honor and eloquently welcoming her new sister to the family
*my siblings and their family members who made the 5-hour trip to the wedding
*a post-wedding, eclectic gathering on a nice hotel patio on a refreshing evening
*a morning walk with my sister
*a chance to enjoy the top-notch Wells Blue Bunny ice cream at its source
*the graciousness and generosity of Alyssa's parents and grandparents

The newlyweds are on their honeymoon and we are back home. Whew!

Comments