Happy 15th Anniversary!

Today I am grateful for some quality time with my son Sam yesterday. I am also grateful for my husband Darcy and our fifteen years of marriage.

We were married at 8:30 p.m. on July 30, 1998 at Upper Tuthill Park in Sioux Falls, SD. Here is a picture of the gazebo where we were married:

 
 
Picture this same scene, only at dusk. It was a beautiful, clear evening and we each had family and friends there for our small ceremony. I had already ordered a wedding dress because we had planned on getting married the following year. When things fell into place and we decided to move the wedding up, I needed a dress right now. Some would shudder at this next statement, I am proud of it. I found my wedding dress for $30 at Sears. It was a nice dress and I treasure it in my "clothing archives" today.
 
I also treasure that my parents were both there to "walk me down the aisle" between rows of flowers and benches. It was one of the last times I saw my dad. He died of a heart attack less than three months later.
 
I treasure our anniversary, but I treasure the day-in and day-out strength of our marriage more.
 
Crystal is the traditional gift for 15th wedding anniversaries. I don't need crystal. I have crystal clear trust and respect for my husband and our marriage. For that, I am deeply grateful.
 
Thank you Darcy, for all you do for me, for all that you bring to our marriage and our family. Happy Anniversary dear! 

Comments