Sharing Gratitude

Today I am grateful for an early morning run on trails and roads that were relatively safe. That could change as a mix of precipitation and a few inches of snow are expected later today.

I am grateful for the nice audience I had yesterday for my "Habitual Gratitude" talk. I joked with them that an easy audience is kindergartners--show up with a book to read and a smile and they love you. A tougher audience may be seniors in a required social studies class. But I knew right away I was in front of a receptive and kind audience and I appreciated that.

It meant a lot to have Darcy and Sam there and some friends who are part of my support system here.

I gathered myself and said a prayer before I headed to the venue. At that point, there's not much more you can do but wait for your turn. I feel good about how things went, but honestly couldn't tell you a lot about what I said. It just sort of fell out of me. But that's exactly why practice is important.

I was affirmed by that kind audience yesterday. Affirmed that gratitude is of so much value and we all understand that. We just need the motivation and inspiration to incorporate it regularly into our days.

I especially appreciate the women who took the time to thank me after I was done, and to share some of their own stories with me. Sharing gratitude takes many forms. Thanks for sharing with me and allowing me to share with you.

Starting this blog last March continues to open more doors, and for that I am truly grateful.

Comments