Saying Thanks

Today I am grateful to have discovered a writing group in my local community. After seeing a mention of it in the newspaper, I went to my first meeting last night. I am also grateful for the way our dog Oliver is intrigued by the worms on the trail after a rain. He makes me smile often.

Today I am thinking about the simple words "thank you."  I try to use them regularly and I am trying to instill that practice in my son and others. I mostly do that by example, but with my son I will prompt him at times too. I sure appreciate a sincere thank you and so I am guessing that others do too. Simple, free, heartfelt--they can make a difference.

Today I will give out thank yous liberally and sincerely.

To close here is a favorite quote of mine:

"If the only prayer you said your whole life was 'thank you,' that would suffice."
         (Meister Eckhart)

Comments

Post a Comment