Reflecting on Mother's Day

Today I am grateful for safe travels, time with family, and the chance to see my own Mom on Mother's Day weekend.

I had a nice Mother's Day and besides spending it with my son, I also heard from both of my stepchildren early in the day. It was a fairly low-key day after a busy weekend. I don't set myself up by having big expectations and then being frustrated when they don't happen. Keeping expectations low is a wise approach for most of life as far as I am concerned. It really isn't the one day that matters anyway, it's the day in and day out work and joy of being a mom and stepmom.

I wasn't always sure I would be a mom. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to be one, but by my mid-twenties I did. Then, I wasn't sure I would meet the man I wanted to have a family with, but by my early thirties I did. I am so grateful that pregnancy was a healthy and amazing process for me. I loved being pregnant and the way I felt as things progressed. I am grateful Sam was born healthy and without complications. I will forever cherish that time of my life as an expectant mom, then as a new mom with a precious newborn to take care of.

I hope I am a good parent and teacher to my son and stepchildren, but they also teach me plenty on a regular basis.

Comments

  1. Keep going and know that your blog is making a difference. Every single post counts. Thanks

    steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve! I appreciate your comment and it gives me the boost to keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment