Life's Curve Balls

Today I am grateful for the noisy joy of small children on their way to the park. We live near a park, so we get to witness that joy from time to time. I am also grateful for the birds singing this morning to welcome the new day.

Life has thrown some curve balls my way the last few days. Some have been good, some have been stressful, some have just been. But they are all part of this amazing journey we get to take. Flexibility is highly recommended, as is acceptance. A person is better able to respond to a curve ball when they recognize it and accept it. It's a good reminder of what I can manage and what are unmanageables in my life. Other people's actions, the weather, circumstances at the store; these are all out of my power range. On the other hand, the attitude and actions I choose in response to other people, the weather, and circumstances at the store are definitely in my sphere of influence.

Gratitude is like a catcher's mitt for curve balls. The more gratitude, the more padded the mitt, and the better I can catch that curve ball and stay in the game.

And I will end with a favorite line: "Have a good day, unless you've made other plans."

Comments