Memory Lane

Today I am grateful for safe travels and a chance to see my friend Deb and her family. I am also grateful for cooler air after a couple of hot days.

(More on the Voices of Hope DVD tomorrow instead of today.)

Deb's youngest daughter is graduating from high school today in the community that Deb and I met when we were college freshman. I have been back there over the years, but it had been awhile. The last time my son had been there he was a baby, now he's 10. So I showed him around the college campus and where Deb and I played softball. It's hard to believe it has been nearly 29 years since we met, that it's been that long since I was in college. Time does fly!

It was nice to see some familiar faces and the old stomping grounds, but there have been many changes too. Years go by, things change, buildings are torn down to make way for new ones. But you can't take away the memories that were created. Memory lane is often a bittersweet journey, but I always come back around to the gratitude. The people I have met and the places I have been make my life what it is today. I am profoundly grateful for that.

Where does memory lane take you today?

Comments