Lessons in Letting Go: Gratitudes 15-17

Today I am grateful for poems; the ones I read from others, and the ones I write myself. 

As I return to my list of 19 gratitudes to mark a year of pandemic living, today it's all about letting go. Life is a process of unburdening our burdens. Also known as acceptance. Also known as letting go.  

This has always been my struggle. The pandemic has heightened the difficulty in ways, but presented more opportunities to drop rocks from the figurative backpack I carry. 

So, here's to letting go: 

15. Letting go of my mom as she ages. Fully immersing myself in the moments I have with her helps. 

16. Letting go of fear about writing, being or not being good enough, another book getting published. Just keep writing Lisa, just keep writing. 

17. Letting go of multitasking and embracing more presence. The flow of life, and this day, is worth noting. It allows for new perspectives and fresh perceptions. 

I could launch into examples and deeper explanations of each of these. But then I would be hanging on. In the simplicity, I start the release. Let go of burdens, grab on to today. Have a good one! 


Comments