Endings

Today I am grateful for sunshine, warm breezes, walks, and bike rides. I am grateful for those who maintain our community's parks and trails so we can appreciate and enjoy them.

The month of April is ending today. Already. It inspired this poem this morning:


My poem-a-day challenge for the month is also ending. I suspect poems will continue to be written, just in a less disciplined fashion. The discipline is good for me, as long as it doesn't turn to rigidity. So I will move into May with other ideas for healthy discipline in my life. 

Writing will be part of my May. It is part of every month in my life, helping me honor the lessons in the endings and embrace the possibilities in the new beginnings.

Endings come. Beginnings arrive. What will you and I do with ours today? 

Comments