100, 200, 4 x 1, 4 x 4

Today I am  grateful for the pleasant weather and pleasant company of my sister Ruth and her husband Bob yesterday. 

Darcy and I joined them at a collegiate track meet our niece Ellie was running in. We soaked up the sun for most of the afternoon, before consistent cloud cover had us putting on the extra layers we had brought along. After a cloudy, cool, sometimes rainy week though, the sun and blue sky were savored for as long as they lasted. 

COVID restrictions like masks and spectator check in are still in use, as they should be. We were just happy to be out and about and happy these athletes are having a season this spring. 

Ellie ran a PR (personal record) in the 100 meters and a season best in the 200. The relay teams she was on both placed well and the 4 x 400 team ran their best time of the season too. It was a good track meet with good times. Ellie was pleased with her performances and we were pleased to be there to witness them. 

I used to live for my own track and field meets in high school. I loved participating and I worked hard to push myself. I had success in numbers too, and a healthy outlet for my troubled self. Sports were a saving grace for me at that time in my life. My events went up in distance—800 meters and 1500 meters. Good memories for me, and nice reminders yesterday of the fun and commitment track and field athletes bring with them to the various events.

A good day enjoyed yesterday. However we sliced it- events, finishing times, splits, air temperature- the numbers were good. Good to see you Ruth and Bob and good job Ellie! Here we are after the sun went behind the clouds, eyes still smiling though:




Comments