#126 and #148

Today I am grateful for our dog Oliver, for recovery friends who help through thick and thin, and for the chance to donate blood yesterday. 

After never donating blood until last April, Darcy and I have now donated six times. We began as a way to be of service to others in the uncertain and "stay-at-home" time early in the pandemic. We are grateful to be able to continue.

Today's numbers are on a lighter note, pun intended. I heard an old rock song, “Turn Up the Radio”,  by Autograph the other day and it brought me back to the jukebox at the bar I frequented in my drinking days. I was pretty sure this song was #126 on said jukebox. 

I have lost a little confidence in the accuracy of this #126 over the last couple days. Maybe it was #119 or #129? There is one song I know I have right and that is “My Kinda Lover” by Billy Squier. It was definitely #148 and it was definitely a regular for us.  

Jukeboxes, hanging out in bars, and drinking. All things in my past. The music is still here though. In recovery, it fires me up in new and healthier ways than it did when it was part of a night out. It serves as a good reminder of what was and needed to go, as well as what still is and is welcome to stay. 

Comments