With Kind Attention

Today I am grateful for my mom, seven sisters, five brothers, and their extended families. I am also grateful for laughter shared with my husband and son.

The kind attention referenced in yesterday's post is something that takes practice. There are many things in a day that will try to pull us away from it. Not that we want it to, it just happens.

I ended yesterday's post with these words: "What will I see today as I travel life's highway, as I slow down in the carefree lane? I attempted to practice kind attention as I moved through the minutes and hours of my day. Here are some of my observations:

-The wind: instead of cursing it and the unusual April chill it brought, I reminded myself that this wind will bring warmer weather too, and then a cooling breeze when it gets too hot.

-A pencil: The feel and sound of a pencil writing on paper. It definitely is a different writing experience compared to my usual pen.

-Light-hearted joking with students and colleagues and a softening of the atmosphere.

-Appreciating our school's aquaponics club and the green plant life I could enjoy indoors. Winter has decided to extend itself, so the new life sprouting is most welcome.

-The friendly smile and kind gesture of a stranger holding a door open for me.

-The features of my husband Darcy's face.

Here is a link to a post from last year, also about kind attention.

I will be taking a blog break for a few days. Have a good day, minute by minute, hour by hour.

Comments