Eight Days

Today I am grateful for eggs and toast, and for my husband Darcy's predictability.

I am also grateful to the many who have and continue to inspire me to live gratefully. My friend Terrie, who urged me to move beyond the stagnant self-pity that had me stalled out in my early sobriety. Terrie gave me my first gratitude journal and sparked a life-changing transformation in me.

To my regular blog readers. People like Darcy, Steve, Zita, Sheila, Lana, Jenny, Betsy, Mae, Anne, Aileen. When I am uninspired, stuck in ingratitude, you propel me forward.

To my friend and co-worker Kelly. She has joined me in a gratitude challenge with the goal of pushing us through the last weeks of a grueling school year.

Thank you to you all.

And also to gratefulness.org, the website that brings me plenty of regular inspiration and motivation to keep living gratefully. Thanks to founder Brother David Steindl-Rast, and to all who make the website and vision what it is today.

If you are looking for a spark to ignite grateful living in your own life, consider joining in this upcoming exercise:

Everyday Gratitude: A Practice Invitation

It is easy to sign up (by 4:00 p.m. CST tomorrow) and then simply follow the lead of the daily emails that will arrive for 8 days starting on Saturday. It may just spark something deep within, or get some stagnant waters flowing again.

I'm in. Will you join me?

Comments