Embracing a Snowstorm

Today I am grateful for my working arms and legs and the opportunities to use them. I am also grateful for the first cup of coffee of the day, in my recliner, with Darcy in his.

We have a choice each day. Embrace it or complain about it. This weekend we had a choice to embrace a late-season snowstorm or complain about it. My energy is better served and my demeanor more positive when I choose to embrace a day and a snowstorm rather than complain.

As humans, though, we are most likely to do some of both. So let me get some of my complaints out of the way first:

-The storm forced us to change our weekend plans to visit my stepson Arthur, his wife Alyssa and our grandson Aaron. That was a big disappointment.
-The snow that was almost entirely gone is now piled high again. It will be weeks before we see green grass. Another big disappointment.
-The weather interfered with my running plans for the weekend.

There was plenty to embrace though. Including:

-The varied nature of the storm and precipitation types were interesting for us to observe as the weather watchers that we are.
-Several opportunities for fresh air and exercise as we shoveled and worked to stay ahead of it.
-An appreciation for my physical capabilities and my five senses as I experienced the various stages of the storm.
-Birds singing, even on a snowy and breezy morning.
-The feeling of being safe and warm with my family in our house.

I took several pictures as the storm ensued Friday evening through Saturday evening:



Me after trying to get a run in Friday afternoon before the rain started. I did get started before the rain, but it caught up to me. The view from our driveway. Our dog Oliver wearing some of the interesting sleet/snow pellets we got quite a lot of.

I chose to embrace the storm. I am choosing to embrace today, moment by moment.  How about you?



Comments