A Little Training Goes a Long Way

Today I am grateful for my five senses and how they help me experience and savor the little things in life. I am also grateful for clear skies and stars this morning after several gray days.

We have an option at work to participate in CPR and AED training, and some various dates to pick from. With plenty of snow on the ground and cold temperatures, I figured staying after school yesterday was as good of a time as any.

I can't tell you how long it has been since I had either of these trainings. Several years ago for sure. So long ago that the CPR procedure has changed and AEDs are more readily available in many places. I have walked past some for so many years that I don't even see them.

Within 45 minutes, I felt like I had some idea of what to do if I witnessed someone collapse or came upon someone who was non-responsive. I am out and about a lot. I work in a school that has around 1,000 people in and out on a given day. I have loved ones at home and that I visit. You never know when such training could come in handy.

Thank you to my colleague Julie who did a nice job of leading our training and to my fellow trainees.
Julie made it understandable and practical, as well as giving us time to try out the procedures. Thanks Julie!

A little training goes a long way. When it comes to CPR and AEDs, and when it comes to living gratefully, to living life fully. All bring me back to this: Life is precious. Treat it as such.

And puts this question in my head as I start my day: How often do I walk by sources of gratitude without noticing them?

Comments