The Light that is You

Today I am grateful for the energy and joy our little grandsons Leo and Aaron project out and that we get to take in. I am also grateful for the ease of phone communications across the miles with family and friends.

There are always new quotes, new combinations of words, that I come across and find inspiring. Hopefully, some of my words do the same for you as you read them. This quote touched my heart at a time when I was indeed feeling dismayed by the brokenness of the world:

"Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things break. 
And all things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. 
So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world 
waits in darkness for the light that is you." 
(L.R. Knost)

All things can be mended. I appreciate that the author didn't say "All things can be fixed." They can't. But mended implies healing, improvement, acceptance. Those things can and do happen, even in dire situations and difficult circumstances. 

Regardless of what else we may or may not have to give, we each have love and compassion and kindness that we can extend to others. All others, not just those we know or those who share similar views. All others. 

You have a light within that can help me. I have a light within that can help you. Together, we can shine hope into the broken world. 

Comments

Post a Comment