This Red Light Means Go

Today I am grateful for a warm house and a warm car. I am also grateful for family and friends to whom I can send holiday greetings.

Here's a light I appreciate seeing every morning at home. I often have this coffee brewing pretty early, before many of you reading this are up.



The light in the picture looks less red than it really is. In this case a red light is good. It means the coffee is ready and I can start drinking it.

We have tried various coffee pots and landed on using a percolator years ago. We like the way it creates our coffee drinking experience and taste. Darcy and I both like the fact that it is a bit of a throwback to earlier times as well. Not to mention that it is better for the environment than some coffee pots. The only waste it creates are coffee grounds.

Sometimes when I am starting the coffee, or cleaning the pot, I pause and consider that I am fortunate to have coffee, clean water, electricity, a husband to bring a fresh cup to.

I look forward to the sound and smell of the coffee percolating each morning. It is part of my daily routine, going hand in hand with writing.

I wasn't always a coffee drinker, but I sure am now. Life's simple pleasures.

Comments

  1. i love coffee and look forward to that light in the morning too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the necessary patience is available in the mornings.

      Delete

Post a Comment