Interior Lights

Today I am grateful for a run outside last evening in the fresh and brisk air, and for the lotion that helps my dry hands feel better.

Yesterday it was a car's headlights I was appreciating. Today, it is the interior lights. It is nice to open a car door in the early morning and be able to see where to put my school bag, purse, phone, and water bottle as I get situated for my commute.

And it sure is nice to see the well-lit instrument panel as I navigate out of my driveway and down the road. Speed, temperature, and music controls are all visible and helpful. The interior lights of a car are a given until they don't work or come on. I am thankful for them.

Then there are the interior lights of me, as a human. What lights and inspires my body, heart, soul, and mind?  Running does in many ways. Endorphins and serotonin light my engines so to speak and give me a boost. Writing lights the way to clarity of thought, which hopefully leads to more positive and less selfish actions.

The light of faith and spiritual hope comes through as well, in big and small ways. Pausing in gratitude. Saying a prayer for someone. Humbly asking the Great Spirit for guidance. These all light the path in front of me, at least enough to start me on my way.  And that is really all that I need.

Comments