Headlights

Today I am grateful for helpful medical care personnel who really stepped up yesterday to make what could have been a frustrating situation into a smooth one. I am also grateful for the way my husband Darcy and I share household chores.

I was thinking about the many light features that our vehicles have and how much I take them for granted. Let's start with headlights.  They lead the way for us and our vehicles as we head out into the dark hours of the winter months. It's the time of year I may need headlights both on my morning commute and evening commute some days.

Just think if our cars didn't have headlights. We wouldn't be cruising along at highway speeds with our fellow travelers nearly as seamlessly as we do with headlights.

They forge a path and make sure it is clear for us. They allow us time to adjust to obstacles or situations if needed. Driving without them would be dangerous and quite risky.

But we still need to pay close attention to the road ahead and all of our surroundings.

There it is. Today's reminder to live gratefully. Pay attention and notice what is in front of you.

I am grateful for headlights and for the light of gratefulness in my day when I pause for it.

Comments