Rain Out, Flexibility In

Today I am grateful for laughter and the sunrise and clear skies that greeted us this morning after a rainy day yesterday.

We woke up to the threat of rain yesterday. The threat materialized and our day's schedule changed. We had to put off our run and Sam's baseball tournament got delayed. Good lessons in patience and acceptance. Those two aren't always my favorite things to practice, or the easiest, but they are vitally important to my sanity.

That is where flexibility comes in. Time that would have been spent running early yesterday morning was instead spent on other things that needed to get done. A little project for a friend. Some cleaning around the house. Some stock-up shopping.

The tournament got cancelled. We ran in the rain. The pace of our day was actually pretty reasonable. Things have been so busy at work. I had been out of town two weekends in a row and feeling behind with some things at home. It was nice to lay on the couch last evening and watch some television, something I don't do often.

I am grateful for flexibility and a perspective on life that allows for more of a "roll with it" attitude than I used to have. That perspective has been created and made healthier by habitual gratitude practice.

What does a flexible perspective mean to you? Have a good day, one hour at a time.

Comments